Maltese citizenship-by-investment: Individual Investor Programme (IIP)
The Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta (IIP) allows for the granting of citizenship by a certificate of naturalisation to individuals and their families who contribute to the economic and social development of Malta. Subject to a stringent vetting and diligence process, including thorough background checks, the applicants and their dependants are granted citizenship in exchange for such contribution.
Who Can Apply
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be at least 18 years of age and meet the following investment requirements:
- The acquisition of real estate with a minimum value of EUR 350,000 to be held for at least 5 years; or
- Lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a period of 5 years, at an annual rent of at least EUR 16,000; and
- Make a contribution to the National Development and Social Fund (EUR 650,000)
- An investment in stocks, bonds or special purpose vehicles to be identified by Identity Malta, for a minimum value of EUR 150,000 to be held for a minimum period of 5 years.
Principal Applicants can include in their IIP application:
- Spouse – in a monogamous marriage or in another relationship having the same or similar status to marriage.
- Dependants of 18 years of age and under.
- Dependants between the age of 18 and 26 years of age, who are not married and who are wholly supported by the main applicant and form part of the household.
- Dependants over the age of 55 years (e.g. parents), who are wholly supported by and who form part of the household of the main applicant.
BlauStein Business Lawyers: A company with exclusive services for exclusive clients
- Development, formation, management and administration of international structures, independent companies, holdings, foundations, trusts & family offices towards the implementation of special purpose vehicles (SPV), including:
- Tax planning and optimization
- Asset management and protection
- Purchase, sale, M&A and transfer of business
- Intellectual property exploitation
- Attracting external financing, private equity and IPO
- Ensuring anonymity of beneficiaries
- Investments in real estate & art objects
- Acquisition and operation of yachts and/or airplanes
- Tax-driven immigration (Monaco/Europe/Dubai/Caribbean)
- Formation, licensing and professional management of private banks, financial institutions, insurance companies and investment funds.