Do You Like BlauStein?
BlauStein: Interesting Facts
The Compliance Officer oversees the Corporate Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The position ensures that the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
- Developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Managing day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Conducting investigations and compiling reports, auditing current processes and practices to make sure they conform to regulations.
- Developing and periodically reviewing and updating Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Acting as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; developing/implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Providing reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Developing an effective compliance training program in cooperation with HR Management Department, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitoring the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Law is required; Master is desired.
- Detail oriented and experience with investigative and reporting procedures
- Sufficient skills and experience to identify potential issues within a variety of compliance areas (Finance, Utilization, Program Planning, Licensing, Funding, Agency Policy etc.).
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering regulations and Act on Financial Supervision (Wft)
- Good understanding of company’s operational processes
- English language is must; knowledge of Dutch and Russian language would be a plus